The CEO of one of the largest e-commerce companies eBay Jamie Iannone admitted the ability to connect cryptocurrency payments on the platform.
Speaking to CNBC today, Yannone revealed thatthey are considering adding various new payment channels for their customers, including cryptocurrencies. He also announced that the company is interested in the non-fungible token (NFT) space and is exploring ways to organize NFT sales.
Earlier purchase, sale and storage of bitcoin andsome other cryptocurrencies were implemented by the payment company PayPal. Subsequently, PayPal expanded the service, providing customers with the opportunity to use cryptocurrencies in settlements with 29 million partner outlets.
Also today the media citing sourcesreported that PayPal is planning to launch its own stablecoin. Presumably, the company is already in talks with the developers of the stablecoin protocols and may take advantage of the existing solution. One of the teams that PayPal can negotiate with is Ava Labs, which is behind the development of the Avalanche blockchain platform.
Information that eBay may start working with cryptocurrencies appeared back in May 2019, when the service posted its banner at the Consensus conference site.
"Leaked from Consensus, eBay possibly announcing the support of cryptocurrencies on their website." - @PatronsOfTheMoon Telegram. #share #bitcoin #cryptocurrency pic.twitter.com/xqbpdysUic
- wolf (@ImNotTheWolf) May 12, 2019
The company itself then refused to confirm the rumors:
"Cryptocurrencies are not currently accepted as a form of payment on the eBay platform and are not part of our payment strategy."
Where is it more profitable to buy cryptocurrency? TOP-5 exchanges
For a safe and convenient purchase of cryptocurrencies with a minimum commission, we have prepared a rating of the most reliable and popular cryptocurrency exchanges that support deposit and withdrawal of funds in rubles, hryvnias, dollars and euros.
Site reliability is primarily determined bytrading volume and number of users. By all key metrics, Binance is the largest cryptocurrency exchange in the world. Binance is also the most popular cryptocurrency exchange in Russia and the CIS, since it has the largest turnover of funds and supports transfers in rubles from bank cards Visa / MasterCard and payment systems QIWI, Advcash, Payeer.
Especially for beginners, we have prepared a detailed guide: How to buy bitcoin on a crypto exchange for rubles?
Rating of cryptocurrency exchanges:
|1||Binance (Editor's Choice)||https://binance.com||9.7|
The criteria by which the rating is set in our rating of crypto-exchanges:
- Work reliability - stability of access to all platform functions, including uninterrupted trading, deposit and withdrawal of funds, as well as the period of work on the market and the daily trading volume.
- Commissions - the size of the commission for trading operations within the site and the withdrawal of assets.
- Feedback and support - we analyze user reviews and the quality of technical support.
- Convenience of the interface - we evaluate the functionality and intuitiveness of the interface, possible errors and failures when working with the exchange.
- Platform features - availability of additional features - futures, options, staking, etc.
- final grade - the average number of points for all indicators, determines the place in the rating.