Visa CEO spoke about plans for cryptocurrency payments during a teleconference, dedicated to the financial activities of the company for the first quarter of 2021.
In his speech, the CEO of VisaAlfred Kelly said the company is ready to make cryptocurrency payments safer and more widely used by working with the firm's partners.
According to him, Visa plans to work withwallets and exchanges so that users can buy cryptoassets. In addition, the company intends to provide users with the ability to cash out and make purchases in fiat currency using cryptocurrencies.
Kelly also voiced Visa's position ondigital assets. At the moment, the company distinguishes two classes of crypto assets: assets like bitcoin - "digital gold", and assets backed by fiat currencies, including stablecoins and digital currencies of central banks. He called the second category "a new payment innovation with potential for global trade."
The Visa CEO also said thatthe company can provide the ability to use cryptocurrency as a payment instrument without first converting it into fiat currency for payments.
“It goes without saying that if a specificdigital currency will become a recognized medium of exchange, there is no reason why we cannot add it to our network, which already today supports more than 160 currencies "Kelly said.
Last summer, Visa planned to doubleefforts to “shape and support the role of cryptocurrencies in the future of money,” and in December the company proposed a method of offline payments in government cryptocurrencies (CBDC).
Where is it more profitable to buy cryptocurrency now?
For the safe and convenient purchase of cryptocurrencies, we have prepared a rating of the most reliable and popular cryptocurrency exchanges that support the deposit and withdrawal of funds in rubles, hryvnias, dollars and euros.
The most reliable sites with the highest turnoverfunds, for several years the largest cryptocurrency exchange in the world has been Binance. The Binance platform is the most popular crypto-exchange in the CIS as well, since it has the maximum trading volumes and supports transfers in rubles from Visa / MasterCard bank cards and payment systems QIWI, Advcash, Payeer.
Especially for beginners, we have prepared a detailed guide: How to buy bitcoin on a crypto exchange for rubles?
|#||Cryptocurrency exchange||Official site||Site evaluation|
|1||Binance (Editor's Choice)||https://binance.com||9.7|
The criteria by which the rating is set in our rating of crypto-exchanges:
- Work reliability - stability of access to all platform functions, including uninterrupted trading, deposit and withdrawal of funds, as well as the period of work on the market and the daily trading volume.
- Commissions - the size of the commission for trading operations within the site and the withdrawal of assets.
- Feedback and support - we analyze user reviews and the quality of technical support.
- Convenience of the interface - we evaluate the functionality and intuitiveness of the interface, possible errors and failures when working with the exchange.
- Platform features - availability of additional features - futures, options, staking, etc.
- final grade - the average number of points for all indicators, determines the place in the rating.