Electric car maker Tesla ditches bitcoin payments, just two months ago starting for the first time accept them. According to the founder of the company Elon Musk on Twitter, the decision is due to concerns regarding the impact of bitcoin on the environment.
"We are concerned about the skyrocketing use of fossil fuels in Bitcoin mining and transactions, especially coal, which has the worst emissions of all fuels.", - says the message published by the Mask.
Tesla began accepting bitcoin in March shortly after it revealed its own $ 1.5 billion position in the cryptocurrency.The company recorded a profit of $ 272 million in the first quarter.
“Cryptocurrency is a good idea for manylevels, and we believe in its promising future, but it cannot come at the cost of massive environmental damage. Tesla is not going to sell bitcoin, and we intend to use it in transactions as soon as mining moves to more sustainable sources of energy. We are also looking at other cryptocurrencies that use less than 1% of Bitcoin's energy in mining per transaction ", Says the firm.
Only two weeks ago when discussingTesla CFO Zack Kirkhorn said in the quarterly results that the company "intends to continue to accumulate bitcoins from customer transactions with which they pay for cars."
Against the background of today's announcement, the price of bitcoindropped sharply from $ 54,800 to $ 49,500, after which the recovery process began and now BTC is trading at $ 51,100. Earlier this week, Musk conducted a survey among Twitter users regarding whether the company should accept Dogecoin.
Where is it more profitable to buy bitcoin? TOP-5 exchanges
For a safe and convenient purchase of cryptocurrencies with a minimum commission, we have prepared a rating of the most reliable and popular cryptocurrency exchanges that support deposit and withdrawal of funds in rubles, hryvnias, dollars and euros.
Site reliability is primarily determined bytrading volume and number of users. By all key metrics, Binance is the largest cryptocurrency exchange in the world. Binance is also the most popular cryptocurrency exchange in Russia and the CIS, since it has the largest turnover of funds and supports transfers in rubles from bank cards Visa / MasterCard and payment systems QIWI, Advcash, Payeer.
Especially for beginners, we have prepared a detailed guide: How to buy bitcoin on a crypto exchange for rubles?
Rating of cryptocurrency exchanges:
|1||Binance (Editor's Choice)||https://binance.com||9.7|
The criteria by which the rating is set in our rating of crypto-exchanges:
- Work reliability - stability of access to all platform functions, including uninterrupted trading, deposit and withdrawal of funds, as well as the period of work on the market and the daily trading volume.
- Commissions - the size of the commission for trading operations within the site and the withdrawal of assets.
- Feedback and support - we analyze user reviews and the quality of technical support.
- Convenience of the interface - we evaluate the functionality and intuitiveness of the interface, possible errors and failures when working with the exchange.
- Platform features - availability of additional features - futures, options, staking, etc.
- final grade - the average number of points for all indicators, determines the place in the rating.
Rate the publication