American analytical software company Palantir Technologies worth $ 30 billion, founded by billionaire Peter Thiel, began accepting Bitcoin (BTC) from customers as a form of payment.
Among other things, the company announced the possibility of placing part of its reserves in bitcoin:
“Palantir announced that it is considering Bitcoin for addition to its balance sheet, noting that cryptocurrencies are“ clearly under discussion ”. She also accepts bitcoin as a means of payment ", - reports CNBC.
According to CNBC, during the report onIn the first quarter of 2021, Palantir said it was following in Tesla's footsteps, not only adding BTC to its balance sheets, but also starting to accept the main cryptocurrency as a means of payment.
In addition, according to some estimates, Palantir has over $ 2 billion to invest in bitcoin.
Palantir was founded in 2003 by a PayPal group led by co-founder Peter Thiel. Palantir's main clients are intelligence agencies, investment banks and hedge funds.
Palantir's main investor is the CIA In-Q-Tel fund... In this regard, discussions have already begun that if Palantir invests in cryptocurrency, the American leadership can get an indirect way to invest in bitcoin.
MicroStrategy was one of the first big firms to choose Bitcoin as a reserve asset, making several major cryptocurrency purchases in 2020 and 2021.
Tesla entered the crypto space in February,announcing that it had bought bitcoins for $ 1.5 billion. Later, the car manufacturer sold 10% of its crypto assets "to prove the liquidity of bitcoin as an alternative to fiat on the company's balance sheet."
At one time, Thiel helped found PayPal, whichlaunched cryptocurrency trading at the end of 2020. In April, PayPal-owned payment platform Venmo introduced cryptocurrency trading in Bitcoin (BTC), Ether (ETH), Litecoin (LTC), and Bitcoin Cash (BCH).
Where is it more profitable to buy bitcoin? TOP-5 exchanges
For a safe and convenient purchase of cryptocurrencies with a minimum commission, we have prepared a rating of the most reliable and popular cryptocurrency exchanges that support deposit and withdrawal of funds in rubles, hryvnias, dollars and euros.
Site reliability is primarily determined bytrading volume and number of users. By all key metrics, Binance is the largest cryptocurrency exchange in the world. Binance is also the most popular cryptocurrency exchange in Russia and the CIS, since it has the largest turnover of funds and supports transfers in rubles from bank cards Visa / MasterCard and payment systems QIWI, Advcash, Payeer.
Especially for beginners, we have prepared a detailed guide: How to buy bitcoin on a crypto exchange for rubles?
Rating of cryptocurrency exchanges:
|1||Binance (Editor's Choice)||https://binance.com||9.7|
The criteria by which the rating is set in our rating of crypto-exchanges:
- Work reliability - stability of access to all platform functions, including uninterrupted trading, deposit and withdrawal of funds, as well as the period of work on the market and the daily trading volume.
- Commissions - the size of the commission for trading operations within the site and the withdrawal of assets.
- Feedback and support - we analyze user reviews and the quality of technical support.
- Convenience of the interface - we evaluate the functionality and intuitiveness of the interface, possible errors and failures when working with the exchange.
- Platform features - availability of additional features - futures, options, staking, etc.
- final grade - the average number of points for all indicators, determines the place in the rating.