TON investors agree to wait for the launch of the project until April 30, 2020 and do not require the company to return the investment.
Most investors voted to carry overproject launch dates for April 30 of next year and refused to return the invested funds until the dispute with the SEC is resolved. Now Telegram can continue to prepare for the February court hearing on the SEC lawsuit over the illegal placement of Gram securities.
Telegram has several possible scenarios:
- pay the SEC penalty and start the project;
- Do not pay the SEC, but return the money to American investors;
- reform the project by making the changes required by the SEC;
- return money to all investors and enter into a protracted lawsuit with the SEC;
- Do not pay SEC and do not return funds to investors, referring to the “force majeure circumstances”;
- launch a project without American users and lose the US market.
So far, investors are ready to wait. However, among experts, the opinion has already been voiced that at the moment we are witnessing the beginning of a large-scale attack by regulators on cryptocurrency projects that pose a threat to the traditional financial system.