Russia tops the list of countries whose residents are most often exposed to attacks that are associated with cryptocurrencies, said the computer security company ESET. According to experts, from January to April 2021, Russia accounted for 8.9% of such attacks.
Activity of malware related tocryptocurrencies during this time increased by 18.6% compared to the last four months of 2020. In addition, cases of hidden mining have become 22% more common. It was they who became the main factor in the rise in the total value in the segment under consideration.
At the same time, the activity of programs for theftcryptocurrencies fell 28%. However, a spike in related activity was recorded at the end of January due to the spread of the Win32 / PSW.Delf.OSF virus, targeting Monero wallets and frequently seen on gaming forums and file distribution sites.
“The growth in demand for cryptocurrencies is directly reflected in the increase in related threats, - said the senior developer of ESET Igor Kabina.
As cryptocurrencies spread, there will be an increase in the number of malicious software, the creators of which seek to make money from them. "
Bitcoin remains a favorite target, he says.cybercriminals, however, earlier this year also saw an increase in attacks on Ethereum wallets. Secretly mining popular cryptocurrencies is no longer so profitable, so attackers tend to use the resources of their victims to mine other digital assets that can gain popularity from time to time. At the same time, large cryptocurrencies prefer to steal rather than mine.
“We continue to see disturbing examples ofhow cybercriminals are rapidly exploiting current vulnerabilities and configuration errors to maximize the return on their investment ", - added to ESET.
Where is it more profitable to buy bitcoin? TOP-5 exchanges
For a safe and convenient purchase of cryptocurrencies with a minimum commission, we have prepared a rating of the most reliable and popular cryptocurrency exchanges that support deposit and withdrawal of funds in rubles, hryvnias, dollars and euros.
Site reliability is primarily determined bytrading volume and number of users. By all key metrics, Binance is the largest cryptocurrency exchange in the world. Binance is also the most popular cryptocurrency exchange in Russia and the CIS, since it has the largest turnover of funds and supports transfers in rubles from bank cards Visa / MasterCard and payment systems QIWI, Advcash, Payeer.
Especially for beginners, we have prepared a detailed guide: How to buy bitcoin on a crypto exchange for rubles?
Rating of cryptocurrency exchanges:
|1||Binance (Editor's Choice)||https://binance.com||9.7|
The criteria by which the rating is set in our rating of crypto-exchanges:
- Work reliability - stability of access to all platform functions, including uninterrupted trading, deposit and withdrawal of funds, as well as the period of work on the market and the daily trading volume.
- Commissions - the size of the commission for trading operations within the site and the withdrawal of assets.
- Feedback and support - we analyze user reviews and the quality of technical support.
- Convenience of the interface - we evaluate the functionality and intuitiveness of the interface, possible errors and failures when working with the exchange.
- Platform features - availability of additional features - futures, options, staking, etc.
- final grade - the average number of points for all indicators, determines the place in the rating.
Rate the publication