Staking, custody or lending - what strategy for working with cryptocurrency assets brought most profit in the last year?
There are several factors that are necessary.take into account, in particular, the capabilities of various cryptocurrencies depending on the protocol. For example, bitcoin (BTC) allows lending, gives good storage results, but is not suitable for staking, since its blockchain does not provide this function.
So still, which of the three methods is the most profitable?
For an approximate calculation, we take certain crypto assets, platforms and the figure of $ 1000 for a period of 365 days, that is, the result will be the determination of profit for the year.
Let's take Binance as a guide, as the cryptocurrency exchange offers a simple system to diversify investments in different assets.
Here it is important for us to consider:
- The% value given by Binance as the average for the year;
- To find out only the amount of interest, we must multiply the number of tokens by the current value of the cryptocurrency;
- The number of invested tokens, which is calculated by dividing $ 1000 by the value of cryptocurrencies (date December 9, 2018).
The most interesting asset, both in terms of interest rate and price, was Tezos (XTZ), which increased its initial investment by 4 times.
In the case of lending, we also take for example Binance or a system created using a complex and, possibly, the most common protocol. The conditions for the amount and date have not changed.
- For lending to Binance (USDT, BNB and BTC), let's take the platform rate;
- For loans in other cryptocurrencies, let's take the Compound rate on December 9, 2019.
In this set, the investment, which brought a threefold increase, - Binance Coin (BNB), it surpassed even Bitcoin (BTC).
As for storage, then the calculation is simpler: As you would expect, Bitcoin (BTC) has established itself as the main asset for scammers, followed by Bitcoin Cash (BCH), which doubled the initial investment, while Ripple (XRP) recorded a net loss, turning out to be a bad investment.
Analyzing the indicators of the most famous and popular crypto assets, we see that each type of profit making has its most suitable assets:
- Tezos (XTZ) is suitable for staking,
- Binance (BNB) for lending,
- Bitcoin (BTC) is the best store of value.
The profitability of the chosen strategy determines the dynamics of a particular cryptocurrency for the investment period.