The issuer of the stablecoin USDT, Tether, for the first time since 2014, has published information about its assets as of as of March 31, 2021:
Cash and cash equivalents account for75.85% of assets. Cash equivalents mean highly liquid instruments like short-term bonds or deposits. In other words, these are instruments that can be instantly sold at market prices.
12.55% are loans that Tether has issued to unaffiliated persons, that is, to persons not associated with the company. Another 9.96% of the funds were placed by the USDT issuer in corporate bonds, funds and precious metals. Other types of assets, including bitcoin, account for 1.64%.
“We see some large companies adding bitcoin to their balance sheets to diversify their risks. Tether uses the same practice. "- said Stuart Högner, general counsel for Tether.
The availability of the USDT stablecoin collateral wasthe subject of controversy for several years. Many crypto market participants feared that USDT was not 100% backed by the US dollar. However, on March 30, Tether confirmed the existence of USDT collateral through an attestation prepared by Moore Cayman.
Where is it more profitable to buy cryptocurrency? TOP-5 exchanges
For a safe and convenient purchase of cryptocurrencies with a minimum commission, we have prepared a rating of the most reliable and popular cryptocurrency exchanges that support deposit and withdrawal of funds in rubles, hryvnias, dollars and euros.
Site reliability is primarily determined bytrading volume and number of users. By all key metrics, Binance is the largest cryptocurrency exchange in the world. Binance is also the most popular cryptocurrency exchange in Russia and the CIS, since it has the largest turnover of funds and supports transfers in rubles from bank cards Visa / MasterCard and payment systems QIWI, Advcash, Payeer.
Especially for beginners, we have prepared a detailed guide: How to buy bitcoin on a crypto exchange for rubles?
Rating of cryptocurrency exchanges:
|1||Binance (Editor's Choice)||https://binance.com||9.7|
The criteria by which the rating is set in our rating of crypto-exchanges:
- Work reliability - stability of access to all platform functions, including uninterrupted trading, deposit and withdrawal of funds, as well as the period of work on the market and the daily trading volume.
- Commissions - the size of the commission for trading operations within the site and the withdrawal of assets.
- Feedback and support - we analyze user reviews and the quality of technical support.
- Convenience of the interface - we evaluate the functionality and intuitiveness of the interface, possible errors and failures when working with the exchange.
- Platform features - availability of additional features - futures, options, staking, etc.
- final grade - the average number of points for all indicators, determines the place in the rating.
Rate the publication