Investment bank Goldman Sachs CEO David Solomon predicts a "major evolution" in regulation of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies by the US authorities.
In a conversation with CNBC, Solomon answered a question aboutthe bank's interest in bitcoin, but chose not to go into details, only saying that they are closely monitoring the digital asset space at the same time as customer demand increases.
“We keep thinking about digital currency anddigitalizing money in an extremely proactive manner. In this context, we interact with clients and consider the issue from the position “What do our clients need?” - he said, adding that there are now "significant regulatory requirements" for financial institutions wishing to interact with cryptocurrencies.
“There are significant regulatory restrictionsaround us and us acting as a principle around cryptocurrencies like #bitcoin, ”says $ GS CEO David Solomon. "As our clients have demand to be involved in this space we can continue to find ways to support our clients." pic.twitter.com/plRxHqmbsI
- Squawk Box (@SquawkCNBC) April 6, 2021
Solomon admitted that in the current prohibitive conditions limiting the ability of banks to work with cryptocurrencies, changes will occur over time.
“I think this space is developing, and wetrying to respond to the needs of our customers. I think there will be a major evolution in the coming years. As for what kind of changes will take place, I will not speculate. We work within the existing rules and will look for ways for further customer service "- said David Solomon.
Last week it became known that Goldman Sachs intends to open access to Bitcoin to wealthy investors.
Where is it more profitable to buy bitcoin? TOP-5 exchanges
For a safe and convenient purchase of cryptocurrencies with a minimum commission, we have prepared a rating of the most reliable and popular cryptocurrency exchanges that support deposit and withdrawal of funds in rubles, hryvnias, dollars and euros.
Site reliability is primarily determined bytrading volume and number of users. By all key metrics, Binance is the largest cryptocurrency exchange in the world. Binance is also the most popular cryptocurrency exchange in Russia and the CIS, since it has the largest turnover of funds and supports transfers in rubles from bank cards Visa / MasterCard and payment systems QIWI, Advcash, Payeer.
Especially for beginners, we have prepared a detailed guide: How to buy bitcoin on a crypto exchange for rubles?
Rating of cryptocurrency exchanges:
|1||Binance (Editor's Choice)||https://binance.com||9.7|
The criteria by which the rating is set in our rating of crypto-exchanges:
- Work reliability - stability of access to all platform functions, including uninterrupted trading, deposit and withdrawal of funds, as well as the period of work on the market and the daily trading volume.
- Commissions - the size of the commission for trading operations within the site and the withdrawal of assets.
- Feedback and support - we analyze user reviews and the quality of technical support.
- Convenience of the interface - we evaluate the functionality and intuitiveness of the interface, possible errors and failures when working with the exchange.
- Platform features - availability of additional features - futures, options, staking, etc.
- final grade - the average number of points for all indicators, determines the place in the rating.
Rate the publication