Social network Facebook may start testing its own digital currency pegged to the US dollar.
Swiss non-profit organization Diem Association (formerly Libra Association) plans to start testing digital currency from Facebook until the end of 2021... Writes about this CNBC, citing sources close to the association.
It is reported that testing will notlarge-scale and will focus on transactions between individual consumers. As part of testing, users will be able not only to buy goods, but also to pay for services. However, there is still no date for testing the digital currency from Facebook.
According to Chainalysis CEO Michael Gronager, Facebook may launch a digital currency this year. Otherwise, Gronager noted, it would be a missed opportunity.
Facebook is moving to a new market
The Diem Association is currently leadingnegotiations with Swiss financial regulators to obtain a payment license. Although the association plans to start testing, it still has to get regulatory approval.
Diem Association chief economist Jumanne Bersetche said the association plans to "gradually introduce various features and options" of its own digital currency.
Long-term construction Facebook has long been known oncryptocurrency market. For example, back in November last year, anonymous sources of Financial Time claimed that the social network could release its stablecoin in January 2021. Prior to that, it was reported that the stablecoin Diem (formerly Libra) will be released in 2020.
Where is it more profitable to buy cryptocurrency? TOP-5 exchanges
For a safe and convenient purchase of cryptocurrencies with a minimum commission, we have prepared a rating of the most reliable and popular cryptocurrency exchanges that support deposit and withdrawal of funds in rubles, hryvnias, dollars and euros.
Site reliability is primarily determined bytrading volume and number of users. By all key metrics, Binance is the largest cryptocurrency exchange in the world. Binance is also the most popular cryptocurrency exchange in Russia and the CIS, since it has the largest turnover of funds and supports transfers in rubles from bank cards Visa / MasterCard and payment systems QIWI, Advcash, Payeer.
Especially for beginners, we have prepared a detailed guide: How to buy bitcoin on a crypto exchange for rubles?
Rating of cryptocurrency exchanges:
|1||Binance (Editor's Choice)||https://binance.com||9.7|
The criteria by which the rating is set in our rating of crypto-exchanges:
- Work reliability - stability of access to all platform functions, including uninterrupted trading, deposit and withdrawal of funds, as well as the period of work on the market and the daily trading volume.
- Commissions - the size of the commission for trading operations within the site and the withdrawal of assets.
- Feedback and support - we analyze user reviews and the quality of technical support.
- Convenience of the interface - we evaluate the functionality and intuitiveness of the interface, possible errors and failures when working with the exchange.
- Platform features - availability of additional features - futures, options, staking, etc.
- final grade - the average number of points for all indicators, determines the place in the rating.
Rate the publication