Dubai-based entrepreneur Khurram Shroff plans to buy 100,000 bitcoins for $ 5 billion, and then send them to creation of the Miami 2.0 Blockchain Strategy Foundation. This is reported by the Arabianbusiness edition.
If Shroff does invest 100,000 BTC, it willwill be the largest public crypto investment in the history of the market. At the same time, the head of IBC Group added that the decision to invest in bitcoin is related to a request from the US developer Burkhan World Investment to expand the implementation of blockchain in real estate projects in Miami.
"The largest investment in bitcoin confirms our commitment to help cities implement blockchain technology ...", - said the chairman of the IBC Group.
IBC Group is reported to be one of the key players in the Miami real estate market with over $ 1 billion worth of projects in development.
Bitcoin for Miami
However, Shroff is known not only as a major real estate developer in Miami. In November last year, IBC Group announced plans to invest $ 10 million in the development of the Ethereum 2.0 network.
Then it was reported that the company will invest about 20 thousand ETH in the ETH2 deposit contract. Whether the company actually invested, however, remains unknown.
Shroff's plans to create a blockchain fund appeared after the mayor of the city, Francis Suarez, announced his readiness to recognize bitcoin as a means of payment, as well as an effective investment tool.
New York mayoral candidate Andrew Young also supported Suarez's decision. At the same time, Young noted that he would try to make New York the world center of cryptocurrencies in case of victory in the elections.
However, Suarez is not the only mayor to declaredisposition to cryptocurrencies. For example, the mayor of Reno, Nevada, Hillary Shiv, also confirmed her readiness to use cryptocurrencies as a payment and investment instrument.
Where is it more profitable to buy bitcoin? TOP-5 crypto-exchanges
For a safe and convenient purchase of cryptocurrencies with a minimum commission, we have prepared a rating of the most reliable and popular cryptocurrency exchanges that support deposit and withdrawal of funds in rubles, hryvnias, dollars and euros.
The reliability of the site is determined by the trading volume andthe number of users. By all key metrics, Binance is the largest cryptocurrency exchange in the world. Binance is also the most popular cryptocurrency exchange in Russia and the CIS, since it has the largest turnover of funds and supports transfers in rubles from bank cards Visa / MasterCard and payment systems QIWI, Advcash, Payeer.
Especially for beginners, we have prepared a detailed guide: How to buy bitcoin on a crypto exchange for rubles?
Rating of cryptocurrency exchanges:
|1||Binance (Editor's Choice)||https://binance.com||9.7|
The criteria by which the rating is set in our rating of crypto-exchanges:
- Work reliability - stability of access to all platform functions, including uninterrupted trading, deposit and withdrawal of funds, as well as the period of work on the market and the daily trading volume.
- Commissions - the size of the commission for trading operations within the site and the withdrawal of assets.
- Feedback and support - we analyze user reviews and the quality of technical support.
- Convenience of the interface - we evaluate the functionality and intuitiveness of the interface, possible errors and failures when working with the exchange.
- Platform features - availability of additional features - futures, options, staking, etc.
- final grade - the average number of points for all indicators, determines the place in the rating.