Billionaire and one of the highest paid hedge fund managers Alan Howard takes over the investment round to the Komainu cryptocurrency depository. The team of the depository announced this on its official website.
In total, the depository was able to attract $ 25 million. In addition to Howard, Novogratz's Galaxy Digital bank, NOIA Capital fund and Nomura Research Institute also invested in the company.
According to Komainu, the funds will allow the company to expand its solution to support additional cryptocurrencies.
Transfer of capital to the cryptocurrency market
Alan Howard, 2013 top 40highly paid managers, has long been strengthening its presence in the cryptocurrency market. Howard made "substantial personal investments in cryptocurrencies" back in 2017, according to Bloomberg. However, how much Howard invested in the crypto market remains unknown.
In May, Howard's hedge fund Brevan Howard AssetManagement was able to bring 100% profit to investors even despite the crisis due to the pandemic. The fund has become one of the leaders in terms of payback after a couple of years of "mediocre results", Bloomberg reported.
Whether the fund's profits are related to Howard's personal impulses in the cryptocurrency market is also unknown.
Howard's loudest investment, however, wassupport of the One River Digital Asset Management Fund. At the end of November 2020, the fund invested $ 600 million in cryptocurrencies.According to the founder of the fund, Eric Peters, One River Digital Asset Management planned to accumulate up to $ 1 billion in bitcoin and ether at the beginning of 2021.
In February 2021, Howard also took part in the investment round of the Bitcoin payment service Bottlepay, which raised $ 15.5 million.
Where is it more profitable to buy cryptocurrency? TOP-5 exchanges
For a safe and convenient purchase of cryptocurrencies with a minimum commission, we have prepared a rating of the most reliable and popular cryptocurrency exchanges that support deposit and withdrawal of funds in rubles, hryvnias, dollars and euros.
Site reliability is primarily determined bytrading volume and number of users. By all key metrics, Binance is the largest cryptocurrency exchange in the world. Binance is also the most popular cryptocurrency exchange in Russia and the CIS, since it has the largest turnover of funds and supports transfers in rubles from bank cards Visa / MasterCard and payment systems QIWI, Advcash, Payeer.
Especially for beginners, we have prepared a detailed guide: How to buy bitcoin on a crypto exchange for rubles?
Rating of cryptocurrency exchanges:
|1||Binance (Editor's Choice)||https://binance.com||9.7|
The criteria by which the rating is set in our rating of crypto-exchanges:
- Work reliability - stability of access to all platform functions, including uninterrupted trading, deposit and withdrawal of funds, as well as the period of work on the market and the daily trading volume.
- Commissions - the size of the commission for trading operations within the site and the withdrawal of assets.
- Feedback and support - we analyze user reviews and the quality of technical support.
- Convenience of the interface - we evaluate the functionality and intuitiveness of the interface, possible errors and failures when working with the exchange.
- Platform features - availability of additional features - futures, options, staking, etc.
- final grade - the average number of points for all indicators, determines the place in the rating.