June 14, 2021

Scientists have confirmed that the structure of the brain has a similarity to the structure of the universe

Scientists have confirmed that the structure of the brain has a similarity to the structure of the universe

Comparing the structure of the human brain's network of neurons with the distribution of galaxies in the universe, scientists found many similarities.

Scientists from the Universities of Bologna and Verona conducted a study to determine whetherwhether different physical processes create structures with the same levels of complexity and self-organization.

In their work they relied on the fact that the human brain has69 million neurons, and the web of the observable universe includes less than 100 million galaxies.At the same time, only 30% of the structure of both Systems account for active elements that form long fibers with nodes, united in a single network.The remaining 70% represent a very passive component: dark energy in the universe and water in the brain.

Scientists have confirmed that the structure of the brain has a similarity to the structure of the universe

On the left is shown a picture of a cut of the cerebellum with a 40-fold increase, on the right is a section of the structure of the cosmic web with an extension of 300 million light-yearsOn each side.

Based on these common characteristics, an English astrophysicist and Italian neurosurgeon calculated the spectral density of the objects studied to study the fluctuations of their matter.The analysis showed that the level of oscillation in the neural network corresponds to the progress of the distribution of matter in space.The scientists also determined that they have similar clustering parameters and the number of connections in internal nodes, and interactions in both structures develop on similar physical principles.

Researchers hope such comparisonswill allow you to better understand the features of the development of the two systems and improve the methods of analysis. Recently, astronomers have been actively using scientific advances from various fields in their work, for example, NASA wants to photograph the surfaces of exoplanets using the Sun as an objective.

</p>